We are a multiethnic and intergenerational community.
Trinity Lutheran Church Pasadena is a multiethnic and intergenerational community located at the top of Goodwood road opposite Pasadena Shopping Centre.
We are a diverse community of people from different cultural backgrounds and ages. We are not only blessed to have this diversity but also we have various ministries to young families, young people, hospitality and nurture in care share groups, and the shared ministry with Trinity Place Retirement Village.
The earliest records of the congregation go back to 1926 when a Sunday School and Bible classes in homes was established by Pastor Gottlieb Blaess in the Colonel Light Gardens area.
In 1935, the Trinity congregation was formally established, and land was acquired on the corner of Goodwood and Daws Roads. After a period of four years, a church building was completed and dedicated on 4 April 1954.
The congregation flourished and grew, until the period of the 1970s where the congregation weighed up the deterioration of a post-war construction plus an expanding congregation.
In 1979, the congregation unanimously decided to acquire land further up the hill on Goodwood Road to build a new large church, laying the foundation stone in 1981 upon its completion.
In this same year, a Christian aged-care initiative called Trinity Place was also founded, which continues to be a vibrant ministry organisation to this day with the congregation at Trinity Pasadena.
The congregation soon expanded further in worship services and members having 560 baptised members as part of its church family. However, on 12 March 1991, fire struck the church and it was burnt to the ground by a suspected arson attack. It was a huge blow to the congregation. Temporary worship facilities were provided in the rebuilding of the church, and on 21 March 1992, the first full service in the new building was conducted.
In the following years after the church was shepherded and guided by several ministers of the Lutheran Church of Australia to the present, which includes Pastor Trevor Reu, Pastor Linards Jansons, Pastor Detlev Vosgerau and currently Pastor Matthew Huckel.